This Privacy Statement informs you about the type of personal data that is collected and received through our website https://www.scotstormart.com, and about how we use, share, retain and protect such personal data.
Who we are
We are a Minnesota, United States based company. We are the controller responsible for the processing of personal data through our website.
How we obtain personal data
We collect and receive personal data through our website. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
First of all, we collect personal data that you choose to voluntarily provide to us for your use of the website. In addition, we collect certain personal data by using cookies, including similar technologies such as local storage when you visit the website.
- To gather website statistical data to analyze how our users use the website, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To provide authentication (i.e. to keep you logged in between sessions). The information collected using local storage is stored on your browser and persists after your browser is closed.
The types of personal data we may obtain
We may collect and receive the following personal data from you:
- Name and contact details (such as name, address, email, username and phone numbers);
- Account details (such as username and password);
- Payment information (such as bank account information);
- Information on your use of the website;
- Personal data included in content uploaded by you to the website;
- Personal data included in comments posted by you on the website;
- Personal data of individuals you wish to share your uploaded content with (such as name and email address);
- Traffic data (such as your Internet usage).
We may collect other types of personal data if required under applicable law or if necessary for the purposes listed below. We will then inform you and ensure that there is a valid legal basis for doing so.
How we may use personal data
We may use the personal data we collect and receive for the following purposes:
- To create an account for your use of the website;
- To analyze how the website is used, such as which pages are visited, how long pages were visited and the paths taken by visitors to our website as they move from page to page;
- To verify compliance with applicable legal requirements and our policies.
- To contact you, such as by sending personalized emails, about our products and services.
How we may share personal data
We may share the personal data we collect and receive on a need to know basis with the following third parties:
- Service providers;
- Competent public authorities or other third parties, if required by law or reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of ourselves or others.
We may also transfer your personal data in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets on a need to know basis. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with applicable law and this Privacy Statement.
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal data.
How we protect personal data
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards designed to protect your personal data against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, due the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that communications between you and us or the personal information stored is absolutely secure. We will notify you of any data breach that is likely to have unfavorable consequences for your privacy in accordance with applicable law.
How Long We Retain Personal Data
We retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect or receive the personal data, except if required otherwise by applicable law. Typically, we will retain most of the personal data for the duration of your use of the website, until you have removed your account, unless a longer applicable statutory retention period applies.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- The right to obtain, at reasonable intervals and free of charge, information on whether or not your personal data are being processed and to receive the personal data that is being processed in an intelligible form;
- The right to have your personal data rectified, blocked or deleted if your personal data are incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, irrelevant, outdated or processed unlawfully.
- The right to object on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal data.
- To exercise these rights, please contact us using our contact details set out below. We may request you to provide a copy of your ID card or otherwise evidence your identity. We will respond to your request within the applicable statutory term.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes to this Privacy Statement on the website or through other appropriate communication channels. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication, unless otherwise provided in the notification.
How to Contact Us
If you have any comments or inquiries about the information in this Privacy Statement, if you would like us to update your personal data, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
What kind of security procedures are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control?
West Meadow, Inc. values your business and is committed to doing everything possible to make our online ordering process secure.
Secure Ordering Process
Any credit card information you enter on our site is strongly encrypted by industry-standard protocol, SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). The StormWildlifeArt.com web site uses SSL to communicate with secure browsers.. These browsers encrypt your credit card and personal information in a way that makes it extremely difficult for anyone to intercept and misuse while being transmitted between your computer and our server.
Once you have completed your order online, our security procedures do not end. We take appropriate precautions to protect the security and privacy of the information stored on our computer networks. Many of the systems which store your personal information are not connected to the Internet, reducing the likelihood of security breaches. Our systems are also housed in secure facilities, and access to your data by our employees is limited to a “need to know” basis, controlled by password protected systems, and monitored for abuse.
You can always place an order directly with West Meadow Publishing, Inc. if you feel more comfortable.
West Meadow Publishing, Inc.
In accordance with federal law, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under age 13 without the verifiable permission of a parent or guardian. If you are under age 13, you are welcome to browse our web site. However you are not permitted to use any of the features of our site that require the collection of any personally identifiable information. If we determine that we have erroneously collected a child’s information, we will immediately undertake to delete that data from our records.